Does “Non-Subscribing” mean?
It means that we are not bound by
compulsory subscription to man-made creeds and doctrines of Faith.
We declare allegiance to the principle that:
- the teaching of Christ must take precedence over the doctrines
of a later time, and
- Christian unity is to be sought, not in the uniformity of
creed but in a common standard of duty and adherence to the
commandments set out in the Holy Bible.
- is governed by the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments
of the Holy Bible
- asserts and upholds the right of each and every individual
to search these scriptural records for themselves and to use
reason and personal conscience to discover God’s Divine
- removes Human Tests and Confessions of Faith that restrict
private judgement and prevent free enquiry
- upholds the beautiful simplicity of the great commandments
as defined by Jesus Christ: “You must love the Lord your
God with all your heart, with all your soul and all your mind”
and “You must love your neighbour as yourself”